Saturday, November 1, 2008

Boston-South Florida Connection

According to a story by the Boston Globe, the Boston Red Sox will continue to play spring training ball in Ft. Myers, Fla. for the next 30 years. When I read this, I thought it'd be interesting to compare how different newspapers' online publications treated this news.

At the Globe's site, this story was on the front page of the sports section and in a small, hard-to-find blurb in the local news section.

When I looked for the story at the Miami Herald, I couldn't find it in the sports section. I actually had to use the search engine to locate the story in a recent news archive. The same applied for the Sun Sentinel.

Interesting, right?

1 comment:

Suzanne Levinson said...

I guess it shows 'news judgment' of the local sort. Did you check out the Fort Myers News-Press website?